Review, test and verify agency network and IT systems, ports, and services, including potential vulnerabilities and targets. Plan, execute and evaluate operational assessments. Provide remediation recommendation reporting.
Functions of a managed security service include
- Conduct a network and system security tests and assessment review. Identify system use, configuration and security policies. Assess network traffic and system activity.
- Provide Network Discovery Scanning, Target Identification and Analysis
- Identify and validate system vulnerabilities and how they can be exploited to gain greater access,
- Plan the security assessments. Organize, prioritize and select assessment targets, logistics and techniques.
- Coordinate secure assessment analysis, data handling, storage, transmission and destruction.
- Test, implement and verify mitigation recommendation
- Provide reporting on the vulnerability testing results
How We Charge
The cost of this service is recovered by the number of full time employees (FTE) supported in your agency as a percentage of total departmental FTEs supported.
Service Level Metrics
|System Monitoring||24 x 7|
|Incident Response||24 x 7|
|System Availability||99.99% excluding planned downtime*|
Cost Saving Tips
- Provide lower total cost of information security ownership.
- Allow agencies focus resources on mission critical business objectives.
- Compliance with government regulations is provided through ongoing security monitoring.
- A vendor neutral approach supports the appropriate composition of security services by deploying market-based solutions from a wide variety of industry sources.
Services are in compliance with applicable standards from NIST (including SP 800-115), OMB, FIPS and GAO