Address IT system intrusions, cyber-theft, denial-of-service, malicious code, inappropriate usage and other security related events. Detect, analyze, contain, eradicate, and recover from security incidents. Successfully restore IT system security to production performance levels.
Functions of a managed security service include
- Analyze, identify, research and gather evidence needed to investigate whether an incident has occurred.
- Categorize and analyze the source of all incidents. Utilize US-CERT SP 800-61 incident categories, if applicable.
- Identify the current and potential technical and business impact of an incident
- Document incident handling detection and analysis checklist
- Contain, eradicate and recover from all incidents. Preserve and secure incident evidence.
- Provide appropriate follow-up reporting and lessons learned.
How We Charge
The cost of this service is recovered by the number of full time employees (FTE) supported in your agency as a percentage of total departmental FTEs supported.
Service Level Metrics
|System Monitoring||24 x 7|
|Incident Response||24 x 7|
|System Availability||99.99% excluding planned downtime*|
Cost Saving Tips
- Provide lower total cost of information security ownership.
- Allow agencies focus resources on mission critical business objectives.
- Compliance with government regulations is provided through ongoing security monitoring.
- A vendor neutral approach supports the appropriate composition of security services by deploying market-based solutions from a wide variety of industry sources.
Services are in compliance with applicable standards from NIST (including SP 800-61), OMB, FIPS and GAO.