Identify, collect, examine, analyze and troubleshoot data in order to report on the root cause of IT system misuse or damage. Monitor, recover, acquire and protect sensitive data to preserve system and data integrity.
Functions of a managed security service include
- Data Collection - Identify, label, record, and acquire relevant data
- Data Examination - process collected data to assess and extract data of particular interest
- Data Analysis - Analyze the results of the examination, to derive useful information
- Data Reporting - Report the results of the analysis, determining what other actions need to be performed and providing recommendations
- Identify operational network configuration and application troubleshooting issues
- Support data recovery from compromised systems
- Obtain data from redeployed or retired systems
- Protect and maintain sensitive record and data for audit purposes
- Notify impacted agencies or individuals when protected information is exposed to other parties
How We Charge
The cost of this service is recovered by the number of full time employees (FTE) supported in your agency as a percentage of total departmental FTEs supported.
Service Level Metrics
|System Monitoring||24 x 7|
|Incident Response||24 x 7|
|System Availability||99.99% excluding planned downtime*|
Cost Saving Tips
- Provide lower total cost of information security ownership.
- Allow agencies focus resources on mission critical business objectives.
- Compliance with government regulations is provided through ongoing security monitoring.
- A vendor neutral approach supports the appropriate composition of security services by deploying market-based solutions from a wide variety of industry sources.
Services are in compliance with applicable standards from NIST (including SP 800-86), OMB, FIPS and GAO.