Available in National Capital Region (NCR) only.
Video Services corresponds to OMB (404-139) IT Infrastructure Maintenance – maintain secure, highly available agency specific application, database and web hosting services in support of OCIO/CTS/NCR SLA customers. Network operations center will meet the assistant secretary goals by successfully completing a series of multiple projects. These projects are strategically aligned to fully support each Assistant Secretary goals. The NCR Network operations center has the responsibility to insure successful delivery of data transport inside the USDA headquarters and the metropolitan area. This service provides the audio/visual services for the entire Washington, D.C. region
What Is Included
- Support for the data transport deliverable for each Assistant Secretary goal.
- Cable TV via broadband cable – this uses single-mode fiber or coax for the backbone, and Category CAT 5e or 6 cables from Z-Band video hubs in the data closets to the individual TVs via technology that cascades video hubs together to serve hundreds of TVs within a building or campus.
- Zband video - an active, self-adjusting system that distributes the full spectrum of analog and standard definition television channels. Zband uses single-mode fiber or coax for the backbone, and Category CAT 5e or 6 cables from Z-Band video hubs in the data closets to the individual TVs. The Z-Band technology cascades video hubs together to serve hundreds of TVs within a building or campus.
- Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) video at USDA headquarters for all 29 agencies
- NCR delivers 10 channels of TV services over a secure, multichannel delivery system that is managed end-to-end by the operator and with the same quality of service you'd expect from any pay-TV service.
How We Charge
WCF provides flexibility, accountability and quality of services. As a WCF funded-charge back organization, the funds are collected from customer organizations receiving the services. The recipients of services can hold the service providers accountable and negotiate funding depending on quality of services. Additionally, customers have the option to increase or decrease services, as needed.
|Service Activity||Cost Recovery Methodology|
|Closed Circuit Cable Services||The NSB-income recovery methodology and cost-allocation to each agency is based on the availability of FTE counts of Broadband video, Zband video, IPTV video (Computer Desktop) and number of IPTV (set top boxes) to receive cable TV service in the agency.|
Service Level Metrics
Availability measured by SolarWinds monitoring tools (excludes scheduled maintenance windows).
Cost Saving Tips
Customers can access information using existing technology issued (such as their workstation or tablet) without having to have a separate TV monitor.
The service is being upgraded for High Definition and includes the current channels:
NBC, FOX, USDA Ch6, ABC, CBS, CNN, C-SPAN, C-SPAN2, MSNBC, and The Weather Channel