Digital Infrastructure Services Center (DISC) provides Information Systems and Network Security services that provide safe network access, security administration, monitoring and assessment to meet data security management requirements.
What is Included
DISC performs the following system security tasks for systems physically and/or logically located within the DISC Enterprise Network boundaries:
- Enterprise Network Firewall and Access Control List administration
- Enterprise Network Remote Access and Admission Controls administration
- Enterprise Network Intrusion Detection System (IDS) monitoring
- Enterprise Operating System (OS) vulnerability scanning and reporting to the Customer System Security Officer
- Enterprise compliance scanning to ensure the systems are maintained with proper baseline configuration standards and patch management
Identity and Access Management administration which includes:
- OS level security in the form of User ID/Password verification
- Enforce strict security policies regarding system access
- Optional Application Scanning is available for an additional cost
How We Charge
With the exception of Application Scanning, the cost of this service is included when DISC Network Services are utilized.
Hosting services that include Network Security Services:
Costs associated with optional Application Scanning services are based on software license fees and amount of actual professional services hours incurred.
Service Level Metrics
|Measure||Service Level Targets|
|System Monitoring||24 x 7|
|Incident Response||24 x 7|
Cost Saving Tips
- Utilize DISC Network Services instead of hosting a private networking solution
- Provide at least 180 days notice for growth or retraction of processing requirements
- Communicate projected networking requirements on a quarterly basis
- Limit internet usage to business related activities
DISC also provides Security Governance Services that include limited control documentation, control inheritance, and audit support.