NITC's Federation Services (FDS) provides Microsoft or Open System users with credential access to web systems and applications located across organizational boundaries. It uses a claims-based access control authorization model to maintain application security and implement federated identity authentication into hosted applications. The solution provides a gateway for all hosted web service systems to use their preferred identity provider credential.
What is Included
Web Application and System Integration
- One time initial setup of customer application system with credential attributes with NITC’s FDS solution.
URL Connector Management and Monitoring
- Update claims, proxy rules, and directory services interface in FDS system based on customer requirements
- FDS monitoring, troubleshooting URL issues, infrastructure management, maintenance and incident management.
- High availability clusters support COOP/DR needs
How We Charge
- A flexible cost structure for federation services that allows customers to pay only for integrated URLs. Each URL is billed as a per URL per month fee.
- Once integrated, access rule updates, enhancements, system maintenance and federation infrastructure monitoring is inclusive in the monthly utilization fee.
Service Level Metrics
|Measure||Service Level Targets|
|Authentication Service||24 x 7|
|System Monitoring||24 x 7|
|Incident Response||24 x 7|
Cost Saving Tips
Engage NITC early in the scoping phase of a new project to identify all business and technical requirements.
- Utilize other OCIO service offerings to minimize application integration efforts and reduce costs through economies of scale.
- Get in early with federation services to receive future enhancements as the technology use cases rapidly expand.
- As large departments seek to expand and interconnect systems, federation services will be a viable technology to address future requirements.
- NITC’s Federation Services Hosting Provider Gateway solution supports the native Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) protocol without server agents to achieve SSO for customers who desire web service authentication transparency.