The Digital Infrastructure Services Center (DISC) Web Search offering provides customizable, web search-engine functionality for web applications. The solution can be configured to search collections of web pages that are customized per application. These collections can include anything from the entire domain to a single web page. The search catalog offers services for public facing and protected sites using USDA's SSO (eAuthentication) system.
What is Included
- Best-in-class appliance-based search
- Cross-site, cross-agency, cross-department search capability
- Customizable search based on website logical design
- Customizable search result output
- File system, Web repository, Database, Feed, Connector, OneBox module-based crawl ability
- Secure site crawl-ability (eAuthentication)
How We Charge
Hosting charges are based on the following factors:
- Actual number of website URLs crawled
- Optional Professional Services for highly customized integrations
Service Level Metrics
|Measure||Service Level Targets|
|System Monitoring||24 x 7|
|Incident Response||24 x 7|
99.9% or more
excluding planned downtime*
* - DISC reserves the option to schedule routine infrastructure maintenance activities on Sundays between 1800 to 2400 hours Central Time.
NOTE: DISC utilizes the USDA Universal Telecommunication Network (UTN) for Wide Area Network services. The UTN is contractually guaranteed to be 99.9% available but has historically delivered over 99.99% availability.
Cost Saving Tips
- Engage DISC early in the scoping phase of a new project to identify all business and technical requirements
- Forecast response time and load expectations
- Utilize other OCIO service offerings to minimize application integration efforts and reduce costs through economies of scale