Digital Infrastructure Services Center (DISC) can provide 3rd party Akamai Web Accelerator service to further enhance web application performance and availability as well as deliver static websites. Front end redundancy and geographically dispersed nodes for last loop efficiency are included.
Built upon Akamai's EdgeAdvantage™ platform, Akamai's Dynamic Site Accelerator™ solution introduces intelligent content generation and comprehensive site delivery at the edge and provides E-businesses with the optimal solution for dynamic website availability, scalability and performance.
What is Included
- Akamai’s global Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Basic and Encrypted (Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)) content acceleration
- Live and on-Demand streaming
- NetStorage for online storage
- Management Console to manage content
- Optional Akamai professional services support
How We Charge
Hosting charges are based on the following factors:
- Actual usage of licensed service based on bandwidth and storage consumption
- Actual number of optional Akamai professional service hours
Service Level Metrics
|Measure||Service Level Targets|
|System Monitoring||24 x 7|
|Incident Response||24 x 7|
99.9% or more
excluding planned downtime*
|Website Metrics||Weekly log delivery|
* - DISC reserves the option to schedule routine infrastructure maintenance activities on Sundays between 1800 to 2400 hours Central Time.
NOTE: DISC utilizes the USDA Universal Telecommunication Network (UTN) for Wide Area Network services. The UTN is contractually guaranteed to be 99.9% available but has historically delivered over 99.99% availability.
Cost Saving Tips
- Engage DISC early in the scoping phase of a new project to identify all business and technical requirements
- Forecast response time and load expectations
- Utilize other OCIO service offerings to minimize application integration efforts and reduce costs through economies of scale