The NITC Virtual Application Hosting service provides the technology necessary to enable the hosting of business applications remotely in the NITC Enterprise Data Center. Combined with other key enabling NITC cloud services, the Virtual Application Hosting service can provide a traditional end user experience for business applications.
What is Included
Fully managed and maintained infrastructure
- State-of-the-art server hardware & software
- Period technology refresh
- Managed solutions available
- Virtual presentation of business applications
- Secure Telework capabilities
- Virtual presentation of complete desktop
- Provides users with desktop functionality
How We Charge
Costs are based on actual application hosting requirements and virtual application integration services required.
- Actual dedicated hosting requirements
- Number of concurrent users of XenApp™ integrated applications
- Number of XenDesktop™ integrated desktops
- Application integration services as required (Professional Services)
Service Level Metrics
|Measure||Service Level Targets|
|System Monitoring||24 x 7|
|Incident Response||24 x 7|
99.9% or more
excluding planned downtime*
* - NITC reserves the option to schedule routine infrastructure maintenance activities on Sundays between 1800 to 2400 hours Central Time.
NOTE: NITC utilizes the USDA Universal Telecommunication Network (UTN) for Wide Area Network services. The UTN is contractually guaranteed to be 99.9% available but has historically delivered over 99.99% availability.
Cost Saving Tips
- Utilize other OCIO service offerings to minimize application integration efforts and reduce costs through economies of scale