In partnership with Level 3 Communications, Digital Infrastructure Services Center (DISC) will provide a lower cost, Internet based, and secure customer connectivity option for small to moderate sized application hosting requirements.
What is Included
- Customer circuit setup and test
- Customer circuit troubleshooting
- Customer service re-provisioning
- Security establishment and monitoring
- Establishment of Interagency Security Agreements
- Interface with Level 3 on behalf of customer
The Agriculture Security Operations Center (ASOC) will be responsible for the establishment and ongoing maintenance and support of any DISC CAN service monitoring they may require. DISC provided the ASOC a server to host the ASOC monitoring tool(s).
How We Charge
- Monthly L3 service line costs along with maintenance costs charged by bandwidth utilization
- One Time circuit setup fee
Service Level Metrics
|System Monitoring||24 x 7|
|Incident Response||24 x 7|
excluding planned downtime*
* - DISC reserves the option to schedule routine infrastructure maintenance activities on Sundays between 1800 to 2400 hours Central Time.
NOTE: DISC utilizes Level 3 Network for CAN services. The Level 3 is contractually guaranteed to be 99.5% available but with dual-site/DR connectivity, it can be better than 99.5%.
Cost Saving Tips
Engage DISC early in the scoping phase of a new project to identify all business and technical requirements
Forecast response time and load expectations
Utilize other OCIO service offerings to minimize application integration efforts and reduce costs through economies of scale