EAS provides a social networking software solution to empower USDA employees to develop and maintain a network of colleagues and nurture creativity with communities of coworkers, partners and customers.
- Fully Managed Social Networking solution
- Access management provided through eAuthentication
Robust Social Networking Suite that includes:
How We Charge
Solution charges are based on the following factors:
- Fee based on each user within the agency
- Additional fee for storage use above the standard limit
Service Level Metrics
|System Monitoring||24 x 7|
|Incident Response||24 x 7|
|System Availability||99.99% excluding planned downtime*|
|Website Metrics||Weekly log delivery|
* - Digital Infrastructure Services Center (DISC) reserves the option to schedule routine infrastructure maintenance activities on Sundays between 1800 to 2400 hours Central Time.
NOTE: DISC utilizes the USDA Universal Telecommunication Network (UTN) for Wide Area Network services. The UTN is contractually guaranteed to be 99.9% available but has historically delivered 99.997% availability.
Cost Saving Tips
We encourage the use of enterprise applications to take advantage of economies of scale thereby reducing cost to all customers
USDA Connect Website https://connections.usda.gov/
Chris North, Director
OCIO, Enterprise Applications Services (EAS)