Digital Infrastructure Services Center (DISC) provides an enterprise-class web server solution that meets agency requirements for light-weight web applications that require very little dynamic data. This offering includes simple scripting capable of supporting light-weight database updates and data retrieval.
What is Included
Single Midrange Platform as a Service virtual server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Apache Web Server
- PHP and Perl scripting modules
Key DISC Technical Services to install, patch, and upgrade software components
Additional virtual CPU, memory, and storage resources when required
- Optional Fault Tolerant and Disaster Recovery capabilities
- Optional Planning and Integration services
- Optional Application Integration services
How We Charge
Hosting charges are based on the number of virtual servers and resources allocated.
- Number of Web servers required
Additional virtual server resources required
(CPU, Memory, Storage)
- Optional Fault Tolerance requirements
- Optional Disaster Recovery requirements
- Optional Professional Services
Service Level Metrics
|Measure||Service Level Targets|
|System Monitoring||24 x 7|
|Incident Response||24 x 7|
99.9% or more
excluding planned downtime*
* - DISC reserves the option to schedule routine infrastructure maintenance activities on Sundays between 1800 to 2400 hours Central Time.
NOTE: DISC utilizes the USDA Universal Telecommunication Network (UTN) for Wide Area Network services. The UTN is contractually guaranteed to be 99.9% available but has historically delivered over 99.99% availability.
Cost Saving Tips
- Engage DISC early in the scoping phase of a new project to identify all business and technical requirements
- Forecast response time and load expectations
- Utilize other OCIO service offerings to minimize application integration efforts and reduce costs through economies of scale