Multi-tenant container service built using RedHat’s OpenShift Container Platform (OCP). Provides Docker based container hosting as well as DevOps workflow tools. Containers package software in a format that can run isolated on a shared operating system; they do not bundle a full operating system - only libraries and settings required to make the software work are needed. This makes for efficient, lightweight, self-contained systems and guarantees that software will run uniformly, regardless of where it’s deployed.
Lightweight: Docker containers running on a single machine share that machine's operating system kernel; they start instantly and use less compute and RAM. Images are constructed from filesystem layers and share common files; minimizing disk usage and increasing image download speed.
Standard: Docker containers are based on open standards and run on Linux distributions
Secure: Containers isolate applications from one another and from the underlying infrastructure. Docker provides the strongest default isolation to limit app issues to a single container instead of the entire machine.
What is Included
- Fully managed Enterprise Container platform provided on NITC PaaS (CPU/RAM)
- Docker Image registry
- Git source code repository
- F5 load balancers
- Persistent volume storage
How we Charge
NITC Enterprise Container Platform customers are billed a flat fee subscription per project per month. The hosting charges are billed hourly based on memory (RAM) resource consumption (usage) Persistent storage is billed based on allocated volume requested with standard NAS rates.
- Number of container projects (subscription)
Memory usage billed per GB per hour of usage
(rounded to the next GB / hour increment) aggregated and billed monthly
- Amount of persistent disk storage allocation requested
- Additional charges may apply for optional professional services
Cost Saving Tips
- Leverage multiple server application instances running on the least amount of hardware
- Increase developer code collaboration
- Efficiently and safely deploy applications
- Instant application portability.
- Proactively inform NITC of infrastructure requirements
- Proactively inform NITC of disk storage requirements
- Provide key hosting requirements at engagement on-set to take advantage of NITC’s capacity planning recommendations.
Service Level Metrics
|Measure||Service Level Targets|
|System Monitoring||24 x 7|
|Incident Response||24 x 7|
99.9% or more
excluding planned downtime*
* - NITC reserves the option to schedule routine infrastructure maintenance activities on Sundays between 1800 to 2400 hours Central Time.