The OCIO encompasses seven divisions covering all aspects of developing, delivering, and defending USDA information technologies.
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) will support achievement of USDA’s diverse mission areas by offering agile, world-class technology solutions to its stakeholders and applying innovative approaches to recruiting and developing a highly skilled workforce.
The USDA OCIO develops, delivers, and defends the business information technologies that empower every aspect of the USDA mission.
- Align IT investments with mission and business priorities;
- Enable innovative business driven solutions by simplifying and unifying information technology;
- Optimize the use and value of information technology;
- Protect and defend the enterprise information infrastructure critical assets, and capabilities;
- Enable information as a strategic asset for decision makers and citizens at any level;
- Develop a high-performing workforce to support the USDA mission today and tomorrow.