The Information Security Center (ISC) serves and supports our Agencies and Offices by helping to protect their mission-critical assets and information, thereby securing our country’s diverse food, agriculture, rural and natural resources programs. The ISC monitors and protects USDA’s systems by keeping abreast of new threats to both existing and new technologies and continually monitoring the USDA information technology enterprise to ensure USDA Agencies and Offices computing environments remain secure. The ISC is fully committed to its mission—Protecting the Business of USDA.
The ISC (formerly the Agriculture Security Operations Center, or ASOC) was funded by Congress in 2009 to serve as a focal point for addressing cyber security incidents within all agencies, offices, branches and entities of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). The ISC's mission is to increase the Department's awareness of cyber threats and vulnerabilities while enhancing readiness in preparing for and responding to attacks involving USDA’s computer systems and networks, as well as a complete Assessment and Authorization (A&A) via the risk management framework (RMF) process for all USDA systems.
We bring cyber excellence to provide enterprise security capabilities and cyber leadership to secure the mission of USDA. We focus as a service organization on delivering:
- Comprehensive leadership in developing and implementing an enterprise-wide, trusted environment in support of all USDA components
- A framework for tracking, reporting, and responding to events in an efficient and timely manner
- A centralized threat awareness and security analytics capability
- Effective outreach, communications, and reporting capabilities
- An enhanced enterprise security posture with technical guidance, engineering and operational services
- An architecture of security related products and solutions
- A complete Assessment and Authorization (A&A) function via the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process for all systems
Contact the ISC 24 Hour Hotline to report lost or stolen equipment at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866.905.6890