Office of the Chief Information Officer

United States Department of Agriculture

HR Services Fact Sheet for OCIO Employees

Banner for the HR Services Fact Sheet for OCIO Employees

NFC Human Resources at OCFO New Orleans is dedicated to providing quality customer service to OCIO employees. This Fact Sheet is a guide to the actions and inquiries that can be resolved through the Employee Personal Page, your OCIO supervisor, the HR NFC Support Center, or the NFC Contact Center. Please direct your actions and inquiries to the recommended source so we can provide you with the best service possible. 

Use the Employee Personal Page to:

Take Action to:

  • Change residence address
  • Enter life events (add spouse, children, etc.)
  • Update ERI code, gender or disability status
  • Update a direct deposit form
  • Calculate available leave
  • Start/change/stop a financial allotment
  • Change Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) contributions
  • Start Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) ROTH contributions
  • Enter W-4 filing status
  • Enter a state tax request
  • Elect health insurance during open enrollment
  • Change/cancel health insurance (Note: Only one change is allowed during Open Season, otherwise contact OCIO mailbox)

Access Information about:

  • Veteran status and preference
  • Employment verification
  • Financial disclosures (OGE-278)
  • Earnings and leave statements
  • Flex spending accounts
  • W-2 statement
  • Benefits statements
  • Health Savings Account enrollment
  • Life insurance enrollment

Email the OCIO Mailbox (OCIO@NFC.USDA.GOV) or Call the HR Support Center at 1-855-227-8131 to:

Take Action to:

  • Edit an Electronic Official Personnel File (eOPF)
  • Submit supporting documentation for a life event
  • Change health insurance information outside of open season
  • Submit a beneficiary form

Inquire about:

  • Inquire about Recruitment Activity
  • Pay discrepancies
  • T&A discrepancies>
  • Retirement estimates
  • Annuity Award letters
  • Voluntary Leave Transfer Program (VLTP)
  • Within Grade Increases (WGI) eligibility dates
  • Status of changes submitted through EPP
  • Recruitments status
  • AgLearn and eAuthentication

Contact your OCIO supervisor to:

Request Personnel Actions such as:

  • Name change
  • Leave without pay
  • Promotions
  • Resignations
  • Temporary Appointment/Reassignment

Inquire about:

  • Awards
  • Performance Management

Call the NFC Customer Contact Center (1-855-632-4468) to get assistance with resetting your EPP password.  Note, employees must be successfully enrolled in EPP with a government employee email address in order to reset their password thru NCC.  Note, the NCC is available from M – F, 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., CST.

Call the HR Support Center (1-855-227-8131) to get assistance with enrolling in EPP, troubleshooting EPP access issues (except password resets), and / or asking questions about the information posted in EPP. Note, the HR Support Center is available M – F, 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CST.

USDA - National Finance Center
13800 Old Gentilly Road
New Orleans, LA 70129

Group Mailbox: OCIO@NFC.USDA.GOV
HR Support Center: 1-855-227-8131