Identity, Credential, and Access Management
- This Departmental Regulation (DR) establishes the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM) policy for unclassified systems. This DR defines the authority for ICAM governance, policy, procedure, and technology.
- This DR complies with the requirements of the following:
- Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, Public Law 106-229;
- Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Memorandum M-19-17, Enabling Mission Delivery through Improved Identity, Credential, and Access Management;
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Special Publication (SP) 800-47, Security Guide for Interconnecting Information Technology Systems;
- NIST, SP 800-53 Revision 5, Security and Privacy Controls for Federal Information Systems and Organizations;
- NIST, SP 800-63-3, Digital Identity Guidelines;
- NIST, SP 800-157, Guidelines for Derived Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Credentials;
- NIST, Federal Information Processing Standards Publication (FIPS PUB) 186-4, Digital Signature Standard (DSS); and
- NIST, FIPS PUB 201-2, Personal Identity Verification (PIV) of Federal Employees and Contractors.