Project managers work closely with customers, vendors, and NITC functional areas to coordinate efforts and provide necessary project management functions to ensure timely project success.
- Development of Project Charter
- Development of project plan and schedule
- Coordination and scheduling of project activities across customer and NITC functional areas
- Consultation on operational and infrastructure requirements, standards and configurations
- Assistance with standard requests for service
- Facilitate project status meetings
- Timely project status reporting
- Address project issues with NITC functional areas and management
- Escalation of significant issues to customers and NITC executive management
- Manage project scope and deliverable requirements
- Document changes to project scope and schedule
- Facilitate and document project closeout
- Access to the Project Management Resource Center
How We Charge
Current pricing is based on time and materials.
Customer will only be billed for actual hours worked.
- Complexity and scope of the project
- Number of functional areas involved
Cost Saving Tips
- Avoid higher costs associated with high priority service
- Engage project team early to document requirements
- Minimize changes during project delivery
- Avoid historical project cost estimation
- Ensure that all requirements are documented
- Customer signoff of deliverables and releases is required
- Utilize other OCIO service offerings to minimize application integration efforts and reduce costs through economies of scale
Download the Project Management page from the NITC Service Catalog.