What We Do
EAS provides a full spectrum of professional services for developing, maintaining, and supporting enterprise-class business applications. Enterprise Applications Services include:
- Applications Engineering Division (AED): The Applications Engineering Division of EAS provides program management and software engineering services across USDA agencies and non-USDA agency customers. AED leverages employee expertise in software application development and integration of IT resources to provide high-quality, cost-effective results in partnership with project stakeholders.
- Applications Solutions Division (ASD): The Applications Solutions Division (ASD) of EAS provides innovative Information Technology (IT) solutions that support the mission of USDA-specific agencies and non-USDA agency customers. ASD leverages employee expertise in software application development and integration of IT resources to provide high-quality, cost-effective results in partnership with project stakeholders.
- Mobile Computing Program Management Office: The mobile computing program management office provides strategic direction and vision supporting USDA’s vision to “Enable employees, customers and partners to connect, interact, and transact business with USDA anytime, anywhere, on any mobile device”. The PMO assists with program management, architecture, analysis, collaboration and communication between OCIO and USDA agency teams across the seven domains of mobile computing. Click here for additional information.
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Software as a Service is a suite of development aids, platforms, and applications that facilitate USDA’s department-wide effort to deliver citizen-centric, online information and services.
Mission and Goals
Enterprise Applications Services (EAS) provides federal government agencies with innovative business application services that result in successful mission and business information technology performance.
EAS provides a full spectrum of professional services for developing, maintaining, and supporting enterprise-class business applications. Our goal is to be the number one choice for integrated enterprise web services, custom desktop and mobile applications, ICAM services, and cutting edge eLearning solutions.
Integrating Existing Technologies for Innovative Business Solutions
Custom application development and enhancements
- Large / enterprise-class
- Application architecture
- Application integration
Large / enterprise-class relational database
- Maintenance / management
Web application development
Website operations and maintenance
- Graphic design
Section 508 compliance validation
Social networking services
- Idea Jam
- USDA Connect
- Location-based services / geospatial
- Project management