What We Do
EAS provides a full spectrum of professional services for developing, maintaining, and supporting enterprise-class business applications. Enterprise Applications Services include:
- AgLearn: The AgLearn program provides a number of services. The primary services include application and database hosting and maintenance services, AgLearn licensing and help desk support for end users and agency AgLearn administrators. AgLearn provides support for testing and implementation of custom agency-specific online training, administration and delivery of mandatory training programs such as Cyber Security, Ethics, and Civil Rights, and acquiring, integrating, and promoting external training within AgLearn.
- Applications Engineering Division (AED): The Applications Engineering Division of EAS provides program management and software engineering services across USDA agencies and non-USDA agency customers. AED leverages employee expertise in software application development and integration of IT resources to provide high-quality, cost-effective results in partnership with project stakeholders.
- Applications Solutions Division (ASD): The Applications Solutions Division (ASD) of EAS provides innovative Information Technology (IT) solutions that support the mission of USDA-specific agencies and non-USDA agency customers. ASD leverages employee expertise in software application development and integration of IT resources to provide high-quality, cost-effective results in partnership with project stakeholders.
- Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM): The Identity, Credential, and Access Management program provides secure, logical access to USDA's information systems. It consists of eAuthentication (eAuth) which implements two-factor web site authentication, and HSPD-12 /EEMS (Enterprise Entitlements Management Service) which provides authorization, credentials, and role-based access control to USDA systems.
- Innovative and Emerging Technologies (IET): The Innovations and Emerging Technology program provides information on future developments within information technology and its application to business processes. The program identifies best practices within the government and commercial space and identifies users within the USDA community. To support these objectives, IET manages the Continuous Process Improvement program with an emphasis on Lean Six Sigma principles within the Office of Chief Information Officer. This Program support is provided to other USDA entities.
- Mobile Computing Program Management Office: The mobile computing program management office provides strategic direction and vision supporting USDA’s vision to “Enable employees, customers and partners to connect, interact, and transact business with USDA anytime, anywhere, on any mobile device”. The PMO assists with program management, architecture, analysis, collaboration and communication between OCIO and USDA agency teams across the seven domains of mobile computing. Click here for additional information.
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Software as a Service is a suite of development aids, platforms, and applications that facilitate USDA’s department-wide effort to deliver citizen-centric, online information and services.
Mission and Goals
Enterprise Applications Services (EAS) provides federal government agencies with innovative business application services that result in successful mission and business information technology performance.
EAS provides a full spectrum of professional services for developing, maintaining, and supporting enterprise-class business applications. Our goal is to be the number one choice for integrated enterprise web services, custom desktop and mobile applications, ICAM services, and cutting edge eLearning solutions.
Integrating Existing Technologies for Innovative Business Solutions
- Virtual worlds
- Social networking services
- Location-based services
- Relational database management
- Project management office
- Mobile applications
- Mobile learning
- Identity management